About Mill Cove
The Mill Cove Environmental Area is located near U.S. Route 15—soon to be designated Interstate 99—between Tioga and Mansfield, Pennsylvania, just north of U.S. 6. Mill Cove is on the Mill Creek arm of the Tioga Lake. Gated access is provided via Mill Creek Road.
Most of the Mill Cove Environmental Area is wooded. Several acres are cleared to accommodate primitive tent camping and other group activities. A driveway provides access through the site along Mill Creek.
The Mill Cove Environmental Area is owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and leased by Mill Cove, Inc., a nonprofit corporation formed to enhance the area for recreational and environmental education purposes.
(GPS coordinates for entry gate: 41.873780 - 77.101245)
- From U.S. 15, take the U.S 6 East exit toward downtown Mansfield.
- Turn left (north) on Business 15.
- Proceed through Mansfield and turn right on Decker Street.
- Follow Decker Street as it becomes Pickle Hill Road. Continue for about 4 miles.
- At the "T" intersection of the Mill Creek road, turn left. Continue for about 3 miles.
- A yellow and green gate marks the entrance to the Mill Cove property.